Organic Soapberries | Natures Laundry Detergent
or make 4 interest-free payments of $4.13 AUD fortnightly with More info
Soapberries have been used for thousands of years, and because of their many different applications, are still being used today. Soapberries are extremely hypo allergenic, and are perfect for sensitive skin. They are sustainably grown, and once finished can be added to your compost to break down naturally.
Soapberries are the fruit of the ‘Sapindus Mukorossi’ tree, which grows predominantly across the Himalaya region of the world. The dried shell is full of a substance called Saponin. Saponin is nature’s soap and when added to water, it acts as a highly effective anti-bacterial and anti-fungal soap… Or most popularly a 100% natural and certified organic replacement for chemical laundry detergents.
- Certified Organic
- 100% chemical free
- All natural
- Septic safe
- Greywater safe
- Half the price (per wash) of conventional detergents**
- Perfect for babies and those with skin allergies/conditions
- Simply add the equivalent of 5 whole berries to the small cotton wash bag that is inside the pack, and throw it in the wash (with the clothes so it can agitate).
- Suitable for both front and top loaders…
- *IMPORTANT – For dirtier loads, increasing the water temperature to 40-60 degrees draws more soap out of the berries. In cold water the small wash bag will last approximately 5 loads, in warmer water, 3-4 loads can be done from the one small wash bag.
- The berries can also be boiled (like Pasta) to make a potent liquid. This liquid can be made into any cleaning product from shampoo to bathroom cleaner.
- When the berries lose their firmness and structure, go brittle and crunchy like dried leaves, they have been fully used and have no more soap left
- Soapberries can be added to the compost after they are finished – 100% sustainable
Organic soapberries (soap nuts)
Net Weight: 250g | 500g